In keeping with the Library's interest in providing a space for the dissemination of free and informational materials to the community, the following regulations shall be followed:
- Community bulletin board space is available only to organizations engaged in civic, educational, cultural, or non-profit activities. The Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of any group or individual. Postings must meet community standards for good taste in presentation. Items to be posted must be approved by designated staff to determine compliance with library policy. If there is uncertainty regarding compliance, the Library Director shall make the final decision.
- Postings planned by a company to promote, advertise or lead to sale of its products and services are not permitted.
- Postings are considered disposable and library staff may remove and discard as necessary.
- Proponents and opponents of a campaign issue may provide free literature to be displayed in the library. The agreement to display literature for a campaign issue does not indicate an endorsement by the library. The display of literature advocating support for individual candidates will not be allowed.
- Political petitions may not be circulated on library property.
Organizations engaged in civic, educational, cultural, or non-profit activities may provide free literature to the public in the library’s literature racks. All free literature is considered disposable and library staff may remove and discard as necessary.
Approved by the Board of Trustees, July 14, 2003