The library's local history and genealogy collection is housed in the McLaughlin Room, located just off the children's department. Most of the collection must be used in-house, with selected books available for check out. The room provides table space for materials, a microfilm scanner with printing and email capabilities, and a computer with Internet access to Ancestry.com as well as other genealogy sites.
Included in the library's collection:
- August Ruihley: a Private History
- Civil War Soldiers Discharge Abstracts, Fulton County
- DAR Patriot Index
- Fulton County Marriages, 1864-1925; June 10, 1927-July 21, 1944
- Fulton County, Ohio: 1850-1976, A Collection of Historical & Family Sketches
- History of Henry & Fulton Counties, 1888
- History of Williams County, 1882
- History of Fulton County, 1920
- Our Town: History of Pettisville, Ohio
- A Pictorial History of Swanton, Ohio
- Tombstone Inscriptions for Fulton County
- Fulton Co. Birth Records on CD: 1867-1908, 1920-1924, 1924-1951
- Fulton Co. Death Records on CD: 1868-1908, 1920-1924, 1924-1951
- Fulton Co. Marriages on CD: 1864-1999
- Browse our local history collection.
- Bob Stotzer's World WarII Stories by Bob Stotzer
- Days of My Years by Walter E. Stuckey
- Diary of Susan Burkholder
- Early Days in Archbold by Howard (Pete) Miller
- Heartland Memories by Marion J. Johnson
- Interesting Facts About My Home Town by Florence Walter
- Memories of Jessie Belle Hopper Lantz, April 28, 1868 - November 16, 1959
- Ol' Dan's Diary, Daniel & Joel Rashley, eds.
- My Memories by Hulda E. Schlapfer
- The Laubers: a Journey of Faith by Thomas R. Lauber
- Archbold: 1912, 1928, 1936, 1939, 1946-1970, 1972-1976, 1978, 1980-1985, 1991-1993, 1995-
- Archbold Jr. High: '69-'70, '72-'73, '73-'74, '75-'76, '76-'77, '78-'79, '79-'80, '81-'82
- Ridgeville Corners: 1946, 1948-1969
- Wauseon: 1923-1927, 1929-1931
- Bound editions of the Archette, the newspaper of Archbold High School: 1941-1946, 1949-1958
A number of the early rolls of microfilm are in very poor condition which makes them difficult to read.
- Archbold Herald - Nov. 4, 1893 - June 9, 1898
- Archbold Advocate - Jan. 18, 1900 - December 5, 1907
- Archbold Buckeye - 1905 -
- Archbold Buckeye Archives - Searchable archived issues beginning 8/8/2007 to the present. Free except for two months prior to current date.
- Archbold Buckeye Archives - Free online access to searchable issues from 1913-1969.
- Fulton County GenWeb - Fulton County historical and genealogical information, including selected obituaries
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps - Includes maps of early downtown Archbold