The Archbold Community Library makes a variety of materials, in a variety of formats, available to all persons on an equal basis. In order to provide for the efficient and equitable circulation of materials, the Library Board chooses to regulate borrowing eligibility; interlibrary loan; length of loan for various materials; overdue materials charges; and damage and replacement assessments.
- Any Ohio resident is entitled to free library services and may apply for a library card in person at the library.
- Each adult borrower is held responsible for all items charged out on his/her card.
- Parent/guardian signature is required for children under 18 years of age. The parent/guardian will be responsible for the appropriateness of materials, including electronic information, and for payment of charges incurred with the card.
- Persons living outside Ohio, but who work in Ohio, may obtain a library card by using their employment address as well as their permanent residence address.
- Persons living and working outside Ohio are not eligible for a library card.
- There will be a charge of $1.00 to replace a lost library card; no fee is charged to replace a worn out library card.
- All new borrowers will be considered temporary patrons until a pattern of returning items has been established, at which time full borrowing privileges will be granted and normal borrowing rules will apply.
- At the time of application, only one card will be issued to a family where more than one member wishes to receive a card. This card must be issued to a parent who has shown a picture ID and offered proof of mailing address. When the patron is granted full borrowing privileges, additional family members may apply for a card.
All categories of materials have limits as to how many items of that type may be on loan to a borrower at any given time. The following limits apply to each library card:
- Books - 30
- Entertainment DVD's - 3 per household rather than per card
- Non-fiction DVD's - 5
- Magazines - 6
- Audio books - 5
- CD's - 10
- Books - 14 days
- Magazines - 14 days
- Movies - 3 days; Children's - 14 days
- Audio Books - 14 days
- Music CD's - 14 days
- Teacher Loan - 28 days
- A borrower will be charged the full replacement cost for any borrowed material that is lost or returned damaged beyond repair.
- No borrower will be asked to pay both an overdue fine and a replacement cost for any item that is lost.
- All essential parts of books on CD or movies must be returned or the borrower will be charged the full retail replacement cost.
- 10 cents per day per item – includes all items except videos and DVDs which are $.25 per day
The library accepts all major credit or debit cards for payment of fines.
- The maximum fine per item is $2.50.
- Overdue fines will not be charged for days when the library is closed.
- Whenever charges accumulate to $2.50 or more, borrowing privileges as well as the ability to use the Internet are suspended until the full amount is paid.